Change – Making it Better
Our lives are like a stone thrown into a lake. We create ripples that change everything around us. How can we act in a way that will create positive results around us and in us?
- Talk about what’s going on to relieve stress.
- Going into a trying situation? Decide to practice patience before you start, then take a deep breath and dive in.
- Ask for what you need. As much as we would like, mindreading is not most people’s strong point!
- Do a kind something for another daily.
- Remember what you’re thankful for and express it.
- Smiles are contagious, be a carrier.
This is not to say that change is not difficult. There is always work involved with adjusting to something new. Here are some antidotes for dealing with those difficulties.
Difficulty: Feeling confused about the unknown
- Explore the change and look for the benefits.
- Do something to relax.
Difficulty: Feeling a lack of control
- Get involved in making the change.
Difficulty: Feeling worried
- Do something to Relax.
And finally, don’t panic. Change brings new choices and opportunities.
[Banner image attribution: Killy Ridols, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons]