Why Adults Need Play
Posted: March 4, 2021
Here are some reasons for adults to play:
- Build Brain Power: problem solving, and strength & flexibility
- Learn about Emotions (Yours and Others)
- Build Better Social Skills
- Feel Better: about yourself, about others, about the world
- Reduce Stress Levels
- It’s FUN and JOYFUL!!
And, here are some ideas for how to play:
- Try out all those buttons, tiles, or links in the software you use.
- Don’t let your children have all the fun – Join In!
- Pick some new hobbies or restart some old ones.
- Go to a park and use the swings.
- Read the comics or a joke book.
- Try some coloring or use play dough.
Take a little time and have some fun today. It’s good for you!